Our neighbors to the north have seen their first snow flurry – and a chance for snow is in the forecast for this weekend in our area! Here are some tips to help you handle snow for the 2020 winter season.
Snow and sleet mainly affects travel, but can also cause damage to buildings.
Damage from winter storms costs around $1 billon annually.
Here are some tips to help you and your loved ones safe:
- Do not travel during a blizzard warning, especially in open country
- Have an emergency kit in case the power goes out
- Dress in layers, cover exposed skin, and limit time outside
- Check the forecast to get the latest weather news
- Have a winter survival kit in your car in case you need to travel
- Seek shelter in a sturdy building during strong winds