Labor Day has come and gone. And like a light switch, cooler air has arrived in Minnesota. Here are some important Fall Safety Tips to help you adjust to the dropping temperatures!
There is nothing quite like enjoying the fall colors here in the Mississippi River Valley. But, before you break out the sweatshirts and hot chocolate, make sure you go into this new season safely.
- Service your furnace.
- Use fireplaces safely.
- Use caution with space heaters.
- Reconsider leaf burning.
- Exercise caution while using candles.
- Change your smoke alarm batteries.
- Be aware of poor visibility on the roads.
- Watch for children playing.
- Slow down on wet pavement.
- Watch out for ice on the roads.
- Watch for signs of hypothermia.
- Tell others about your planned trips.
- Clean up fallen leaves.
- Always wear a life jacket while on the water.